5.27.2009

Temper tantrums and outdoor fun

If there was any doubt before, Ben is officially a baby no more!  He had his first real temper tantrum, complete with "time out" yesterday.  It was a sad moment for me.  Here's what happened:  Ben wanted his toothbrush so we brushed his teeth, but then he wouldn't let me put it away like always.  For some reason, yesterday morning he decided that he was going to carry it around with him, which I was not ok with.  So after asking him a couple of times to give it to me, I had to pry it out of his hand.  Screaming ensued.  And did not stop.  I tried distracting him, ignoring him, and comforting him, but he just screamed louder when he realized I wasn't giving in.  So I took him to his room and told him I would be back when he was calm, and I put him in his crib.  He screamed for 5 more minutes, though I think he was trying to calm down but couldn't, so I went in after that and he signed "all done."  It was so sad!!  He had lots of hugs the rest of the day, and attempted a couple more fits, but we talked/signed our way out of them.  

Today I was afraid to take him out, but he we had no problems.  I was caught off guard yesterday because the meltdown seemed to come out of nowhere.  It was only 8am!  We try to be pretty consistent, so I also didn't understand why he all of a sudden thought he could just
 hang on to the toothbrush.  I guess he was testing me!  Ok well sorry for blabbing on, here are some happy pictures of Ben from the last week-enjoy!


Play date with our friend Cameron-she loved the water, but Ben found it too cold for his liking!

Playing with shaving cream is lots of fun...until you get it in your eye!  What a mess!!


1 comment:

Sommer said...

awww...he signed "all done" - so sad but yet so smart and cute!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones